Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Off the top

A blog dedicated to the Source of everything good.

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Those poor, lagging, homeschooled students...

Why, if homeschooled students perform as well if not better than their public-schooled counterparts on standardized tests, does the idea that they are “behind” them persist?

We had an bad day homeschooling recently. I'm sorry to confess that we truly did. It was so bad that I called the administrative offices of the local school district to inquire into enrolling one particular child in public school. I left a message on an answering machine. The woman who returned my call advised me to go to the school my child would attend and give evidence of work he has completed, so it could be determined whether he is “up where he should be or not.”

>:-( ...growling and mumbling under my breath...

Anyway, the postscript: after the crisis, the dust settled and said child is, at the present moment, still being homeschooled :-)

1 Comments:

  • If he's ahead of his peers in the public school then you could provide evidence of such with the comment, "what do you think?"

    Naaah... gloating should be reserved for juicier occasions.

    By Blogger Rusty, at 7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home