Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Off the top

A blog dedicated to the Source of everything good.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

SkyJam

red, white, and balloonPosted by Picasa


Last evening I took the kids to the county airport to watch the initial launch of hot air balloons for SkyJam 2005. Some 16 or so balloons went up. We followed several in the car and had the thrill of the chase plus the fun of watching balloons land and be dismantled.

Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa

Overheard seconds before this shot was taken: "May we land on your property?"

Posted by Picasa



Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • Happy Blogiversary. I haven't made a year yet, but am having fun getting there.
    I enjoyed seeing your hot air balloon photos. Several years ago I was visiting my daughter in the county when several colorful balloons went over their house and landed in a large field up the road. It was thrilling to see.
    Thanks for sharing. Come visit my blog and pin my map if you haven't already.

    By Blogger Mountain Mama, at 1:55 AM  

  • Help me Dude, I'm lost.

    I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw Elvis in the supermarket yesterday.

    No honest really, he was right there in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender".

    He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a shiny, new plasmatv to go with that blue suede sofa of yours.

    But Elvis said I, In the Ghetto nobody has a plasma tv .

    Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger then I'm gonna go home and ask Michael Jackson to come round and watch that waaaay cool surfing scene in Apocalypse Now on my new plasma tv .

    And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . .

    "You give me love and consolation,
    You give me strength to carry on "

    Strange day or what? :-)

    By Blogger Couch Potato, at 1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home