Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Off the top

A blog dedicated to the Source of everything good.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Your cause be mine, great Lord divine

We sang this hymn in church yesterday. I commend it to you:

1. Your cause be mine, great Lord divine,
Your aim be my ambition:
For wasted is my greatest strength
Unless it find expression
In love that gives itself away,
In life responsive to obey
The terms of your commission.

2. Your cause be mine, great Lord divine,
This be my life’s vocation:
To seek the prize when life is done –
Your loving approbation.
Diminish pride, increase my love,
O may your Spirit now remove
All selfish motivation.

3. Your cause be mine, great Lord divine,
The world’s emancipation:
To let your light invade the dark
In every situation,
To prove you in a thousand ways,
To serve you well with zeal ablaze
Thru life’s unknown duration.

Amen.

Bryan Jeffery Leech, 1931 -
A. Royce Eckhardt, 1937 -

1 Comments:

  • Beautiful lyrics. I've been looking for new hymns to learn.

    By Blogger Hannah Im, at 4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home