Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Off the top

A blog dedicated to the Source of everything good.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Hoar frost

Posted by Picasa


Last year I posted photos of frost such as I’d never seen before. It coated everything -- trees and brush especially -- with thick, feather-like crystals. I’ve since discovered that this is called “hoar frost” (by way of Rebecca Writes).

We had some hoar frost this morning. It wasn’t quite as spectacular as last year's (not as thick), but beautiful nonetheless. I attempted a few photos (which was all my frozen fingers could stand!)


Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa



Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • I like the curved tree shot! Really different perspective.

    The one above it is nice too.

    It was 86 out here today. I'll probably pick a few oranges off our tree tomorrow. Yeah, yeah, I know...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:11 AM  

  • Thanks, Rusty. Enjoy your oranges; we'll be having snow-cones. :-)

    By Blogger Bonnie, at 1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home