Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Off the top

A blog dedicated to the Source of everything good.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Success 101 part 2

Tip #2

"Success is 20% skills and 80% strategy. You might know how to read, but more importantly, what's your plan to read?"

-- Jim Rohn


Is use of strategy always a good thing? Perhaps different situations call for different types of strategy. Might there also be situations in which strategy is not recommended?

My husband is very strategy-oriented (maybe it's a guy thing?) and is brilliant in using it, in sports and in working out plans for our family and for his work. My own strategy tends to be looser, either more big-picture or else closely focused on a single task. I'd also say I'm more adaptive and responsive than I am strategic. Not that I don't plan; I plan all the time. But a plan is not necessarily a strategy.

Strategy as a focus reduces a plan to a set of calculations. Sometimes this is necessary in order to accomplish a goal. Yet perhaps an "un-strategy" is better in other endeavors. What kind of strategy, if any, ought to be involved in Christian witness? Is love a strategy?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home