Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Off the top

A blog dedicated to the Source of everything good.

Saturday, January 22, 2005

O the weather outside is frightful...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

but the fire...


I couldn’t for the life of me get the car windshield defrosted this morning. My son was 15 minutes late for gymnastics because of it. I had forgotten that the car was parked outside since the garage door is malfunctioning, and, in this cold, we don’t dare leave the door open. So, after sweeping off the snow with a broom since I couldn’t find the scraper, I tried to get the frost off. The wiper fluid jets were plugged with ice so there was no wiper fluid, and it took at least 10 minutes for the defroster, blasting full, to have any effect at all.

I finally got some of the frost off by pouring a bottle of isopropyl alcohol on it (I didn’t see a bottle of wiper fluid in the garage, and I tried Windex first but that did nothing except make more frost). Never mind that once there was actually liquid instead of frost on the windshield, the supposed winter wiper blades did a beautiful job of smearing snow back over it again. Which promptly turned into frost. Though I kept cleaning the wipers off with my (gloved) hands, they kept smearing everything up.

And then there was the frost on the inside of the windshield. I ran back into the house, wet a small towel with hot water, and tried to wipe down the inside while drying it quickly with another towel before it frosted again, but you can imagine how that worked.

Finally, though, the defroster made a nice little hole near the bottom of the windshield that I could see out of well enough to get my son to class, sort of. It was close to white-out driving conditions and the plows hadn’t done much for the roads yet...

Sheesh!

3 Comments:

  • Wow! Us wimps in so. Cal. would just turn the car off and go back inside. I mean, if God had meant for man to live in cold like that, He wouldn't have made southern California.

    I know, I know... you get the four seasons. Does it matter that I spent an hour pulling weeds this afternoon in jeans and a t-shirt?

    By Blogger Rusty, at 11:51 PM  

  • How many seasons of weeds have you got out there, Rusty? :-D

    By Blogger Bonnie, at 2:15 PM  

  • I pull weeds all year long (partly because of our climate and partly because I rarely use chemicals on my yard).

    By Blogger Rusty, at 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home