Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Off the top

A blog dedicated to the Source of everything good.

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Airport open house

Last weekend, my family and I attended the annual open house/airshow at the county airport. Several unusual and historically significant aircraft were available for viewing, boarding, and purchasing short flights upon. Some made (noisy!) flyovers, including a B-25 bomber and a P-51 Mustang.

Kids could enter a drawing for free rides on small local planes; my kids won several! Two 15-minute flights over the lake and back weren’t enough for my daughter...

I wish I knew more about the aircraft, but they were fascinating to look at anyway. A few of them passed right over our house on their way to and from the airport!


biplanePosted by Picasa



Posted by Picasa



Posted by Picasa



trainerPosted by Picasa



Posted by Picasa



Do-24 AmphibianPosted by Picasa



Do-24 propellorPosted by Picasa



over Chautauqua LakePosted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home