Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Off the top

A blog dedicated to the Source of everything good.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Seven sevens

I’ve been tagged by Jeremy Pierce for a 7 7s meme (not a 77s meme).

(The number seven bears significance in the Bible; not sure if that's got anything to do with this or not...)

The seven sevens are:

1. Seven things to do before I die
2. Seven things I cannot do
3. Seven things that attract me to [my spouse or significant other or best friend]
4. Seven things I say most often
5. Seven books (or series) I love
6. Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would watch over and over if I had the time)
7. Seven people I want to join in, too


My sevens (in no particular order):

To do before I die:

1. See more of the country/world; get back to some favorite spots
2. Do "missions" work
3. Solve all the things that puzzle me (!)
4. See reconciliation happen in certain relationships
5. Depend more on God and less on other stuff
6. Play some of the orchestral and solo trumpet repertoire I haven’t performed yet
7. See my kids grow up and have families


Things I can’t do:

1. Get through the Tomasi Trumpet Concerto
2. Approach people I don’t know
3. Stop thinking
4. Juggle
5. Play pool
6. Watch Buffalo Bills games
7. Eat sushi


About my husband:

1. Devoted and loyal
2. Brilliant musician
3. Has many of the same interests and goals as I
4. Smartest non-intellectual I know
5. Physically strong & active
6. Unpretentious
7. Draws me out (not deliberately, but by being who he is)


Books/series important to me:

1. Bible
2. Any reference book
3. A Severe Mercy by Sheldon Vanauken
4. Books by Thomas Merton, Selected Poems especially
5. Anything by C. S. Lewis
6. Here I Stand (bio of Martin Luther)
7. Shadowland by Peter Straub


Movies I like:

(I haven’t actually seen enough movies, esp. recently, to answer this well but these are some I remember)

1. Chariots of Fire
2. The Name of the Rose
3. Out of Africa
4. anything with Steve Martin in it
5. The Mission
6. (haven’t seen A Beautiful Mind but everyone tells me I must)
7. Princess Bride


Things I say most often:

1. Shh…not so loud
2. Would you pick that up please?
3. What is it?
4. Oh no
5. Just a minute
6. Sure
7. Put your shoes on, it’s time to go


Seven people I‘d like to join in:

1. Dan Edelen
2. Jan Lynn
3. Macht
4. Catez
5. Charlie Lehardy
6. Sarah Flashing
7. Martin LaBar

5 Comments:

  • Thanks Bonnie,
    Here's my seven sevens post.

    By Blogger Catez, at 11:18 PM  

  • Sorry Bonnie - I rushed off and did my seven sevens post and didn't comment on yours. We are quite different in some ways! I love sushi and can play pool (not that well but for a laugh). On the other hand - I loved Chariots of Fire and Out of Africa (did you mean the Meryl Streep one?)

    By Blogger Catez, at 1:53 AM  

  • Thanks. I've sort of responded, here.

    I like "The Princess Bride" too.

    By Blogger Martin LaBar, at 1:32 PM  

  • Interesting post, Bonnie (although I'm still pondering the types of responses a 77s meme would produce).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:39 PM  

  • Thanks Bonnie! It was my first-ever "tag" and it really was kind of fun. I'm posting my sevens tomorrow. (I don't think the trackback worked, sorry.)

    By Blogger jan@theviewfromher, at 1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home