Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Off the top

A blog dedicated to the Source of everything good.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Dashed-off "hello reader" letter

Not that you don't deserve better, but it's been so long since I've actually written something at this blog that I'm seeking to remedy that, even if to do nothing but blather. My head's a veritable hive (never mind the wig); lots of stuff in there swarming about with no apparent form. I should spend less time reading other blogs and do more writing, I suppose; perhaps the room would stop spinning.

But man, there's so much good stuff out there and I'm finding more all the time. Also realizing that the blog market itself has both improved and...become glutted. It's impossible to compete. Successful blogging is a discipline in itself, and if a person just wants to do it as a leisure sport, without a good deal of organization or consistent content, there's probably not much hope of gaining readers.

Not to mention that, without a niche, it's nigh impossible to blog "successfully" unless one has lots of time to devote to it or its content flows out of one's daily life and work.

The trouble is, most of the things I'm interested in don't have much to do with my daily life. Except that much of my daily life is spent thinking about them. But I don't have the time to devote to proper exploration or quality research.

Not that I'm not interested in nor think about my daily life, mind you, but my daily life is task-oriented. I don't really know how to blog about that, nor can I imagine that anyone would want to read about it. Those who can blog this way and who do it well, though, I admire greatly.

I'm also noticing that people with quality blogs upgrade them with beautiful layouts and great features, or else their content is so strong that the blog's appearance is of less importance. Well, I'd love to give this little blog a makeover but the thought of the time and effort that would require makes me want to dive under my chair (which itself is about collapse -- can anyone recommend a good computer chair?) Considering that I'm seriously technologically-challenged, I'd rather just keep chugging along!

Guess I'm kind of into emergent-blogging; not emergent-church blogging, but blogging without creed; just bein' me :-).

Well, to anyone reading this, I hope that you are finding true Meaning in life and thank you for visiting this little corner of the blogosphere. Godspeed.

Bonnie

3 Comments:

  • Gollleeee Bonnie,

    Don't just blather. Read a
    serious effort from and old man.
    I'm a Snake Hunter! reb

    www.lazyonebenn.blogspot.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:09 PM  

  • Always glad to read what you want to tell us.

    Content is what's important, not appearance (provided the site is readable, navigable, and not too garish). At least I hope so.

    By Blogger Martin LaBar, at 10:57 AM  

  • Lately, a lot of what I would like to write about is restricted for privacy reasons. Some of the most interesting things in life are so people-connected, and the details are what make them interesting.

    By Blogger Pilgrim, at 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home