Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Off the top

A blog dedicated to the Source of everything good.

Monday, April 03, 2006

I’ll help you find your way

It’s been fun for my husband and I to watch our kids develop their natural musicality and individual musical tastes, as we are both professional musicians. We encourage them to explore whatever they’re interested in and share with them the wide variety of musical styles that we enjoy ourselves.

We've given them some of our “old” albums to listen to. One son has really taken to Michael W. Smith’s I 2 Eye. It's been both reminiscent and uplifting for me to hear it again, especially the song titled “Help You Find Your Way":


It can be wise
Or it can be a paradox
To seek solace in your solitude

And when it feels
Like you're living in a box
You need someone who believes in you

A promise true when tried
I'll be right here by your side
So whatever your need be
Know that you can lean on me

(Chorus):
I'll help you find your way
I'll help you find your way
When you're lost in all the madness
When you're blinded by your doubt
When you need someone to be there for you
I'll help you find your way


Don't keep your thoughts
Locked behind your cellar door
All shrouded in a mystery

Just let them out
That's what friends are for
To give without giving the third degree;

No need to be ashamed
I've been through it just the same
So when your path misleads
Know that you can call on me

Chorus

3 Comments:

  • I personally think I 2 Eye was Smitty's best album, and it still is one of my favorites.

    Have you written about your professional music experiences at all on this blog? I'm curious what you and your husband have been involved in.

    steve :)

    By Blogger Steve Sensenig, at 2:14 PM  

  • Hi Steve,

    I haven’t written much about my life as a musician but here are a few posts that mention it. Thanks for your interest!

    This one mentions Scripture-song recordings

    I talk about last year’s Easter gig here.

    Here I mention the Chautauqua Symphony.

    By Blogger Bonnie, at 10:52 AM  

  • Thanks for the links. I enjoyed reading your thoughts on some of those articles. Great to see another classical musician blogging about things pleasing to the Lord! :) I'm also a professional musician, spending the school year months accompanying vocal and instrumental students at Appalachian State University here in Boone, NC, and spending my summers as the music director for a professional stage company here.

    I've also done some recording of intimate piano arrangements of hymns and worship songs, as well as studio work (piano and keyboards) in quite a few genres, and live playing with Christian trio Phillips, Craig, and Dean.

    You can hear samples of my music at worshipkeys.com.

    Be blessed. I enjoy reading your blog!

    steve :)

    By Blogger Steve Sensenig, at 8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home