Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Off the top

A blog dedicated to the Source of everything good.

Friday, February 11, 2005

There's no place like home...

My daughter made my day today.

She came running into the kitchen after she and her brother had been watching the video, “The Wizard of Oz.” I've been reading the book to her brother (and to her, when she joins us), which inspired them to view the video.

My daughter, just-turned three, entered the kitchen wearing her favorite pair of shoes (since way before the Wizard of Oz): shiny, deep metallic-red ones with low heels. Crying, “Mommy, look,” she stood there with her feet together, eyes closed, and slight furrow on her brow. She shook her head slowly and intoned, “There’s no place like home....there’s no place like home.” I giggled and said it with her, asing her if she was Dorothy. Laughing with delight, she asked me to pick her up.

She said, “Mommy, spin!” (one of our games). I spun her around. She closed her eyes, threw her head back, grinned widely, and cried, “There’s no place like home! There’s no place like home!” When we stopped, she cried, “Again!” We did this several times (until I got dizzy!)

Watching her beaming face, hair swirling behind her as we whirled together, saying, “There’s no place like home!”...it was just one of those fabulous moments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home