Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Off the top

A blog dedicated to the Source of everything good.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Frost noir

(So what if the implications aren’t entirely relevant; I couldn’t resist :-) )

It was suggested that I convert my frost photos (see this post, this post, and the gallery) to black-and-white. This intrigued me, not just because of the possibility, but because the thought hadn’t occurred to me! The shots I usually imagine being candidates for B&W are conceived purely as graphics or abstracts in the first place, not as photojournalistic “nature shots.” But...what an interesting transformation occurred in some of the frost photos, as well as in my conceptualizations :-)

The photos are in the gallery. Some samples:


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Great idea, Rusty Lopez – glad I thought of it! ;-D

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home